Beanie Mine is simple and quick to knit. I love a classic beanie. I think the shape is universally flattering, and a well-fitting hat is like a hug for your head. I designed this one to have a simple stripe in a contrasting color. It is a traditional pattern that works for men, women, boys and girls. Beanie Mine is a very close fitting beanie. It features a 1x1 rib and a wonderfully dense stockinette fabric made by holding one strand of DK-weight yarn together with one strand of lace-weight silk mohair. The hat has 1-2” of negative ease. Choose a base color with a matching mohair yarn, and a mohair yarn in a contrasting color. Mix it up further by choosing several different shades of contrasting mohair.
Beanie Mine Knit Pattern
Skills: Knit, purl, join for working in the round, K2tog, SSK, S2kp2
- US size 4 (3.5 mm) 16-inch (40-cm) circular needle
- US size 6 (4.0 mm) 16-inch (40-cm) circular needle, or size to obtain gauge
- US size 6 (4.0 mm) double-pointed needles
- 51 grams (115 yards) of DK-weight yarn in Main Color
- 9 grams (81 yards) of silk/mohair lace-weight yarn in Main Color 2
- 5 grams (46 yards) of silk/mohair lace- weight yarn in Contrast Color
- Tapestry needle
Main Color: Primrose Yarn Co. Marquess MCN DK
Main Color 2: Primrose Yarn Co. Plume Silk/Mohair in a lace weight to match Main Color
Contrast Color: Asylum Fibers Aragog Silk/Mohair lace-weight in a color different from Main Color
All gauge measurements were taken after blocking the swatch.
19.5 stitches and 26 rows over 4” (10 cm) in stockinette stitch.